Thursday, August 16, 2007

We are exhausted!  We spent the better part of the day at the Indiana State Fair.  Ahh, you've got to love the fair!  We got to see Hoss, the 993 lb pig (that Anna thought weighed 26 lbs when she recounted the story to Nana and Pops), 10 piglets (Anna's favorite thing at the fair), Edwin (a friend of the girls' from church...McKenna's favorite thing at the fair), and the girls each won an animal on the midway.  

I have to say that going to the midway at the fair is a good example of how a person changes after marriage.  I never liked the midway when I was growing up.  I thought it was just too loud and bright and un-fair like.  I liked good rides, mind you.  A trip to a good, legitimate theme park was a summer perk every year.  The midway at the fair?  Just too dangerous.  Chris came along and after a couple years of convincing, he got me to take my children through that part of the fair without (me) causing a scene.  They even rode the carousel.  How's that for living on the wild side?

Our little family of five (plus Rebekah) had a great day.  We came home sweaty, dirty, and smelling like the cattle barn.  Just like you should after going to the fair.

No comments: