Sunday, August 12, 2007

Biker kids

I've been kindly reminded that it's been a week since my last post.  I can hardly remember what I was doing a week ago!  I suppose I've been entertained by my kids, mainly.  Anna has learned to ride her bicycle (with training wheels)--she just took off the first time she got on!  The bike was supposed to be for her birthday but she found it in the barn Friday night.  Oops.  So then we got out McKenna's bike for the first time as well.  She's still working on the concept of peddling and looking in front of her.  We'll tackle steering later.  It's really fun (and funny) to watch the two of them on their new wheels.  It's a blur of pink and purple and bells and horns and streamers and baskets complete with stuffed animals.  The feminine blur gets a nice dash of masculinity when Samuel speeds through on his red and yellow tricycle.  I think he seriously must clock one of the fastest speeds for a 19 month old on wheels!  He moves those little feet just as fast as anything!

The kids all enjoyed seeing their Aunts Carrie, Laura, and Rebekah this weekend and we got to take Carrie and Laura to the zoo.  The lions roaring at the passing airplane was kind of fun and watching the dolphin show from under the water was fun.  Samuel?  He liked the ducks.

Back to the bikers...while we were driving this week Anna saw a couple of guys with sleeveless shirts, several tatoos, and bandanas riding down the road on some very large and noisy motorcycles.  She was so excited to see "PIRATES!"  Seeing the world through a 3-year old's paradigm is always interesting!

I'm getting geared up for a new semester of classes (anatomy and statistics) starting next week. The biggest obstacle will not be the classes themselves, but getting to them.  I'm still working on this whole manual transmission thing.   Needless to say, it's about the most frustrating thing I've ever done in my life.  It was way easier to share a bathroom with three sisters growing up.

Good night...


1 comment:

Laura said...

I especially liked Anna and McKenna roaring at the lions roaring at the airplane :)