Monday, August 20, 2007

Caffine headache?

Today McKenna got to be the mommy and Anna was the baby with a tummy ache.  Anna was curled up in a sleeping bag while McKenna sang sweet songs to her, rubbed her forehead, and got "milk" for her in a bottle.  The empty bottle kept getting refilled with "milk."  McKenna would run out of the family room, rummage around somewhere else, and return with the immaginary milk.  I followed her on one of her many trips for a refill.  She was getting the "baby's milk" from her pretend coffee pot.  Does this mean that I drink too much coffee?  

Today was a day I am glad to see end.  I was quite irritable and the kids were tired from the minute they got up this morning.  I am so thankful that God gives me a break every night--not a long one, but a year ago I didn't even get to sleep more than a couple hours at a time!  What a difference!  

Anna was trying to get Chris' attention last night and couldn't be heard above the chatter in the room.  She finally yelled, "Clark!  Mr. Clark!"  to catch his attention.  I guess she caught on that she's not supposed to call him "Chris"...so she didn't.  But she made us laugh!


No comments: