Saturday, July 14, 2007

Two-fer

Today is a two-fer (as in two-fer-the-price-of-one), not to be confused with 'Topher (as in my husband).  


Some favorite things:

A good book, especially when read with a good cup of coffee

An honest friend

The rise and fall of a sleeping baby's (or toddler's or preschooler's) chest

Clean, crisp sheets 

Fresh-squeezed orange juice

Watching vibrantly colored leaves fall in autumn

A completed project

A hug from one of my children, even if they have sticky fingers

Worship

Wiggling my toes in the sand right after a wave laps over my feet

Waking up and realizing that the house is quiet and I get to fall back asleep

A handwritten note from someone I love

Fresh, fragrant flowers

The state cross country meet

Sky the color of a robin's egg, dotted with puffy white clouds

Looking at old family pictures

Making new family pictures that will one day become old treasures

Board games

Baby fingers and toes

Dirty bath water indicating the kids had fun outside

Pink

A warm fire

A good football or basketball game, especially if "my" team wins


No comments: