Sunday, August 3, 2008

The bad, the good, and the cute

I had the opportunity this weekend to attend a women's conference with a couple of good friends.  The time with friends was incredibly sweet.  The conference, however, was an extreme let down.  Too much fluff and humanistic babble (merely) laced with Christian truth.  I wanted the meat.  The truth.  Something solid to stand on.  I think it's sad that so many opinions get preached as truth.  Not just sad, but scary both now and in eternity.

What did I miss at home?  Evidently McKenna learned to read while I was gone.  I know she's been looking in when Anna has been working on her reading, but tonight she read me the third book in the little BOB books series, rattling off "The dog has on a rag hat".  She's never read this book!  With Samuel taking care of the potty training by himself essentially and now this, it's tempting to think parenting is easy and that the kids can figure out things by themselves.  It's just not that easy, even on the best of days.  But boy is it fun to parent these kids!

Samuel's new cute-ism about it getting dark:  "It's darking!  It's darking!"  Oh, and today we ditched the pacifier.  He's not happy, but he's asleep.

No comments: