Tuesday, October 14, 2008

From a different perspective

The way I see life is the way I see it.  Having children makes me see some things from a different view...and I like it.  My current favorite ways to see things differently are through Anna's reading. As a child, I loved to be read to.  I remember story time at the library--the old one in town.  I remember mom reading chapter books to us just as soon as I could sit still (and even when I couldn't).  It's even better, though, to be read to by Anna.  She finished Go, Dog, Go tonight after plowing through for the last two nights.  She was so proud of herself.  She was such a good thinker!  I love to see things differently in regard to being tucked into bed.  I remember loving bedtime as a kid.  Dad carried us up the stairs and tucked us in.  We heard stories about Ragde Namannik and about crazy young boys who carried lit candles through hay tunnels in the barn.  Now I see--I'm the lucky one as a parent.  Samuel still loves to be rocked.  He loves his bed and his bedtime.  He has no idea the joy that his bedtime is for me.  Puzzles and games are another thing that I thought I saw correctly for the last 30 years.  I didn't.  I didn't know the joy of doing them with my daughter.  McKenna is a puzzle girl.  Sometimes because I can't figure her out.  Usually it's because she just loves to put puzzles together.  

I wonder what I'll learn next...

No comments: