Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tell it like it is, sister!

One of the (many, many, many) things that I love about McKenna is that she calls 'em like she sees 'em.  Tonight we had sausage in our dinner.  This is still kind of a big deal for me because I've been anti-sausage since attending Christmas on the Prairie at Conner Prairie when I was in 6th grade...but that's another story.  McKenna wonders aloud why we weren't having bacon.  Um, because it doesn't do as well mixed with noodles?  She often catches me off guard.  The next question was the one that made me laugh (the other was just the lead-in).  "So...what kind of animal do you have to shoot to get bacon?"  Not where does it come from like most kids ask...McKenna just cuts to the chase.  

Or this one...

Anna and McKenna were talking about the possible drawbacks of going to the beach this summer sans parents.  Anna was hesitating a little bit.  She wanted to make sure that she could call us and get the rest of the details ironed out before making a decision.  I guess McKenna thought she was taking too long to decide.  She cleared her plate and as she walked to the kitchen she said emphatically, "Welp...It looks like just one kid is goin' to the beach."  I love that kid!

No comments: