Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Conversations with Jesus

Samuel had a late night last night.  Tonight he was awake longer than I thought he would be.  I stole an opportunity to rock him in his room after the girls were asleep.  (I just can't get enough of my babies and a rocking chair!)  Sam is particularly good at letting us know when he's tired.  During a late dinner recently he said, "I so tired.  I sweepy.  I need to go to sweep now."  And pretty much, he did.  Anyway, back to the rocker.  I'm rocking him and telling him how much I love him.  He says, "And Daddy loves me.  And Jesus loves me.  (pause)  Jesus told me to go to bed now."  That was the end of the rocking.  He made a beeline for the bed.  

McKenna and Chris had a tough day.  McKenna was more whiny than usual.  During the parenting relay that Chris and I are working on lately, Chris advised that McKenna may have a tough night.  At bedtime while she was praying she said (completely unprompted), "Dear Jesus, please forgive me for arguing with Daddy today."  I'm content to leave it at that.  At this point, it's out of my hands!

This is so out of order.  Before anyone went to bed (or got back out) we went to another cross country meet.  It rained.  A lot.  Then it rained more.  There were lots of delays, but after attending cross country meets for about the last 25 years I saw something new.  They stopped a race that was underway due to inclement weather.  Well, not just inclement.  It was a storm.  We had umbrellas.  There wasn't much taller than us.  The girls enjoyed the adventure, mostly.  McKenna had a couple of moments when she, being a princess and all, didn't want to be soaking wet.  Anna was a real trooper, enduring the weather.  She kind of thrived.  Runners (and some with pink shoes, even), rain, friends there with a baby, holding the umbrella, running on the real course, what's not to love!  

No comments: