Friday, April 4, 2008

Anna had a fun week with April Fool's Day. We may have to rename it April Fool's Week, or even Year. She's starting to understand some simple jokes and today showed appreciation for the Amelia Bedelia book series. I'm glad I was paying attention when she picked out books at the library today. Amelia Bedelia, OK. Duckling Days, OK. Seek and Find, OK. Marijauna: Fact or Fiction, NOT OK. Right there in the science picture books. That's just not a conversation I wanted to have today.

McKenna was her observant self while fingerpainting today. The yellow paint...it looks like "yellow ketsup". "You mean mustard?" "No. Yellow ketsup."

Samuel is going to bloom into quite the director this summer. He absolutely loves to encourage anyone within earshot (a long distance, I promise) to do the motions that Diego suggests as he rescues the animals. When you do it right you (OK, I) get lots of praise. "Good job, Mommy! Good job!" If I drag my heels at all..."No, Mommy. Try it. Try it. Try it. Try it..."

Life is good...

No comments: